“My Husband Is The First Man I Didn’t Give Money To” – Tonto Dikeh
Veteran Nollywood actress turned singer, Tonto Dikeh in her first post baby interview which was recorded two weeks after she gave birth; opens up on her husband, Oladunni Churchill, plans for her white wedding, tattoos, her past and many more.
In the interview with Golden Icons, the proud new mum dished on why she kept her man a secret at the beginning tagging him as a Mr. X.
She said: –
“This is the only relationship I’ve actually respected so much ,and I’ve always said I wanted to keep it secret .There was just something about him that just wanted me to protect him and him to protect me.I never knew he was gonna be my husband but I just knew he needed the respect.
He is different in all ramification ,he is loving caring.I think he is one man I didn’t have to give my money to to be with me. He respects me so much, loves me so much and above all, someone who brought me close to God.“
On August 29, 2015, Tonto’s husband, Mr. Churchill paid the movie star’s bride price in a private and traditional ceremony held at Tonto Dikeh’s family home in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The duo welcomed their first child few weeks ago February 17, 2016, barely a year after her union was consummated traditionally in Rivers state.
Below are 10 things Tonto said during the interview:
1. Am now Mrs. Churchill, i preferr to be called that
2. My husband brought me close to God.
3. I never changed, there was nothing for me to change. I just became a better person.
4. I was never controversial, the media painted me as such.
5. My relationship with God is strengthened a lot.
6. I was the caretaker in most of my relationships.
7. I respect my husband so much, am not talking about my previous relationships.
8. We dated for 2 years before getting married.
9. My husband is former president Olusegun Obasanjo’s son.
10. My husband wants a destination marriage, but i would prefer it be in Nigeria.